Monday, June 12, 2023

Homesick

Yes. I must admit I am homesick. I have been living in Las Vegas for over 4 years now and I miss so much of my city of CHICAGO. Let's just first start of by saying the Mexican food here is nothing like CHITOWN's. I can only give props to DONA MARIA TAMALES for having the BEST tamales and enchiladas I've had in 4 years. The place is so cozy and welcoming. The food is amazingly close to El Milagro tamales back in Chicago. The staff there are absolutely wonderful and friendly. They are my number one spot for Mexican food on the strip-homemade style to the T!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND when in Las Vegas.

When I finished eating my food it was so good it just made me miss home more. So, I ordered more of my favorite tortillas El Milagro from a trusted seller on Ebay. It's the only way I can get them besides from a family member sending them to me. Whenever I eat those tortillas it just makes me feel like I am back at Pacos Tacos in the old neighborhood.

I don't know if it's just me being nostalgic pero puta madre I do miss local "elote people" lol. (IYKYK) By the way. I do curse occasionally in english and spanish here. It's me always being me-REAL.

Besides the food, friends and family. I miss the rain, that cool breeze you get in fall and the crazy one day 90 degrees and the next day 55 degree weather. Pinche Chicago, que locuras. The little summer treats of MARIO'S italian ice, lemonade. OMG the lines in the summertime are worth the wait. There is no place here in Vegas that comes close to theirs. Okay, I have to stop thinking with my stomach. 

I 100% miss the music from Chicago. We ALL know, okay well most who read my blogs know. HOUSE MUSIC. I miss it so much especially if I am out having a cocktail. The music here in Las Vegas caters to HIP HOP and top 40. I love all genres of music but my favorite is Chicago House Music and of course my Tejano Music being a Tejana can't go without. I am married to a DJ and well of course I can always listen to the music. It's just different when you're at a club back home and everyone you know is jamming and dancing to the music we all love. I'm here in Vegas and don't have that. :( 

I miss the DJ's I grew up with, DJ John Hernandez , PRDTA , DLJ ,DJ Ric Florez, the ones I met throughout the years DJ HOUSE DJ RICH MALO , and of course my Tejano DJ's DJ Armando E. DJ Becky Sparkles  DJ Myra  Dam. I knew a lot of DJ's okay, okay I will stop because I will run out of space. I love and miss you all. 

I don't miss the shootings, the violence, the pinch cucarachas (aka gangbangers), the taxes on everything, the shoveling of the snow, DIBS. lol (IFYKYK). I do miss the LAKE so much. I would enjoy walking and sitting on the rocks with my journals; dreaming I would be a writer one day and I was blessed. SO never stop believing in your dreams; No matter how long it takes. :) ME

No matter what or where I was in Chicago I was always enjoying every minute. Until life happened. :(  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of Chicago. My life will never be the same. I treasure all the wonderful, painful, joyful years I had there. I may live in Las Vegas but Chicago will always be in my heart. So will my Chicago White Sox. Yes, I said it. We will always be at war with y'all North Sider Scrub Fans. 

Till Tomorrow my fans, followers, readers and haters. I'm still me. Loving You All..

Lynn... )0(



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Update

As many of you know of  My Books  and this blog as well as the  Online Magazines  I write with. I have spent an excessive amount of time try...