Saturday, February 18, 2023

Life in Las Vegas

It's been 4 years since I left my city of Chicago. I moved here to Las Vegas for many reasons. Sometimes you just have to take a path on a new journey in order to find the peace you're searching for. I did that. 

When I left Chicago I left behind my family, my friends, the food, and the Chicago style house music. I do get homesick even after four years. I try to visit when I can but not as much as I would like to. I was able to have an extended stay in Chicago last summer and while I was there I spend most of my time with my family. I ate the food I missed so much like Falco's Pizza, Paco's Tacos, and my favorite El Popular Chorizo with El Milagro tortillas. I was able to visit and get adjusted by the best Chiropractor in Brighton Park Lopez Family Chiropractic those adjustments always help my stress. Plus there is no other chiropractor here in Las Vegas that I trust with my body. :) 

My short time there I wasn't able to see many of my friends but they were aware how much I missed them. I also realized that my life was no longer in Chicago. My heart will always belong to it but I have moved onto living here. I no longer hate Las Vegas. It has grown on me. I don't think I will ever get acclimated 100% so I take it one day at a time. In the time I have lived here I haven't had much opportunity to really enjoy it. This is why:

When I first arrived here in 2019 I brought the snow with me. Go figure, Las Vegas had suffered what they considered a snowstorm (approximately 2-3 inches). A few weeks later we experienced a few earthquakes that literally scared me into hysteria. We felt our entire building shake and looking at people running towards the gardens. I had no idea that is what you're suppose to do. A couple of weeks later we had a grasshopper invasion. It was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen they were here for awhile. I then suffered a major health issue again and surgery occurred and was out of for awhile. Then last but not least we were plagued by Covid-19, the lockdown, quarantine and mask bullshit. Oh and all of Covid-19 sub variants for the next 2 years. I picked a hell of time to move to Las Vegas. All in all I guess everything happens for a reason. 

It's now four years later and once again I am out of commission and Covid-19 is still here. Go figure. The weather has been extremely weird for this time of year. It actually has been cold. Now me being from Chicago to say that it's cold here then you know it truly is. I have no idea what mother nature is doing but I now have to wear a sweater and socks in my own home. I must admit I get mesmerized when I stare at the sunrise and sunsets & mountain views here in Vegas. It is truly a breathtaking vision. 

So coming from a cold city to currently living in a cold phase. I wish I was back in Chicago at least I would be comforted by all the food I mentioned earlier. I was lucky enough to find a seller on Ebay to purchase the tortillas from so that box will last me a few days. I am skeptical on purchasing the chorizo online due to it not being shipped on dry ice. Anyway to make a long blog short, these past few years have only shown me that I love and miss everyone back home. No matter how far I live now you all will always be in my heart and on my mind. As the saying goes "You can take the girl out of the hood but can't take the chicagohood out of the girl." (Or something to that effect). lol

I won't be able to travel anytime soon but thanks to social media I can keep in contact with everyone. I love and miss you all. I will blog with you all again soon..

Till next time.. )0(

1 comment:

  1. Like you said everything happens for a reason I know u miss Chicago but I also know your happy where you are at ..we love and miss you as well . Love u lil sis....

    ReplyDelete

Book Update

As many of you know of  My Books  and this blog as well as the  Online Magazines  I write with. I have spent an excessive amount of time try...