Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Me, Myself, and I

I believed no could ever hurt me the way you did. You broke your promises. You tore my heart into pieces. You didn't care at all for what once was. You broke us. You broke me.

Your words haunt me in my sleep and while I am awake. You promised me the world and stole it from underneath me. I close my eyes and still hear the coldness of your heart with the words you through at me even while far apart.

Every day I cried; morning, noon, and all through the night. I couldn't sleep. I barely ate & many times was filled with hate. you lied to my face and told me I should be strong. All I could feel was how bad you did me so wrong.

It was being alone where I found the true love of my life. Me, Myself, and I. I forgot all about me. I had lost myself in loving you. I put you before me.

If you had not been selfish in sending me away. I would have never reached a point where now you beg me to stay. I no longer cry, now I easily hold my head up high & trust in Me, Myself, and I.

I had to forgive you to have peace. You no longer have power over my mind or heart. I chose to let you go and live freely. Now, here you are seeking my love desperately.

You fill my ears with tender words. You shower me with gifts of love. Yet all my mind hears, and feels is the pain it endured when you left me standing still. The love I feel for you may last never. I simply choose to love Me, Myself, and I forever....


Till next time... )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Update

As many of you know of  My Books  and this blog as well as the  Online Magazines  I write with. I have spent an excessive amount of time try...