Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Fear no fear

We all have a fear in the world. Some are quick to say they fear nothing. I don't believe this to be true. Someone has a hidden fear that is afraid to admit possibly because it maybe a silly fear; nonetheless it is a fear.

You have heard many people say they are afraid of bugs, the lake or ocean or fruits with huge amount of seeds. Go figure but many of us have a fear; mine were open waters and heights. Until I decided I would no longer live with those fears.

It took me a long time, practically my whole life to conquer my fear of open waters. As a child I had a traumatizing experience in Corpus Christi, Tx waters where I was pulled down underneath and nearly drowning. I never returned to the waters until I learned to swim. I did this on my own. As a grown woman I joined a club to learn to swim. I basically taught myself due to not having anyone push me when I knew it would take me longer than others. After 3 weeks I finally moved from 3 ft to 5 then to 9 ft of deep water. I did it. I had learned to swim and was no longer afraid. To this day I can dive off a diving board. I can now swim in open waters. I may not do so unless I'm in Mexico but I did it. I faced my fear of open waters.

A few years later I figured I would continue to break those barriers that held me back. I kept saying I would go on vacation somewhere and never did for fear of flying. I always took the bus or train out of state. Thank you to my co-worker who spoke highly of Las Vegas. I became excited at one day going. Several weeks had passed by and her comment to me of "stop asking & looking, you're never going to do it." really got to me. The next few hours had me sweating. If I click "purchase" it will happen. I did it.

I came home and told my husband who kept asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday"We're going to Las Vegas." He laughed and said how driving or train? I explained. He was shocked.

The day came and arriving at the airport I was calm. He bought me a few cocktails to calm down. I was too nervous to enjoy them. Once boarded I was okay. As soon as the airplane was ready for take off. I began breathing heavily and sweating profusely. My husband holding my hand as tears rolled down my face. He kept speaking to me of our wedding day and our vows. I looked at him and was surprised he remembered word for word. He whispered in my ears "I love you and so proud of you we are in the air." I was like what?

I am proud to say that I married the most wonderful man in the world. He has helped me face my worse fear ever. Thanks to him I am now going to be a frequent flyer. lol. As I conquered my fear of flying I was able to enjoy the most amazing birthday ever in Las Vegas.

So I share my experience, my photo from the airplane window with the world to let you all know. It's okay to be afraid but don't let it consume you. When you're ready go out and face those fears so you never have to fear anything again. Life is too short to live with fears. Go out and live life & Fear no fear..

Till next time... )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Update

As many of you know of  My Books  and this blog as well as the  Online Magazines  I write with. I have spent an excessive amount of time try...