Sunday, February 2, 2020

Living in Las Vegas

Most people all over the world assume when you live in Las Vegas you're gambling, boozing, drugging and or whoring. This is such a cliche. You can live that kind of life anywhere. There is more to Las Vegas than what people seem to believe of the infamous "Sin City". Let me start with this.

It's been almost a year since my transition from Chicago to Las Vegas and the first few months were all "Oh my god, I'm in Vegas yeah, non stop fun." Then comes the reality of all the monetizing changes that come from such a move. I did do my massive research on many things needed before the move by watching but somehow they weren't entirely accurate when we arrived here. For instance, all the documents needed to change your drivers license from state to state. The Nevada DMV requires you to bring in your official birth certificate, proof of address (a utility bill & rental lease) your current license & ID, your marriage certificate (if your named changed from birth) and proof of Nevada auto insurance. This is due to Nevada issuing a drivers license & id (all in one card). The fee for this is $45 and is valid for 8 years. Now that is not bad compared to Chicago's $30 fee every 5 years. Then you have the Nevada auto insurance rates which are compatible to Illinois. It's the license plate registration that hits your pocket very hard. Any auto under 2018 will require a smog check aka emission test ($10 to $20 depending where you go.) You must pass the vehicle inspection taken at the facility. One again you will need all the same documents and the fee will vary on year, make and model of auto. My fee for 2017 Chevy Sonic was $369 & will pay same at renewal time. For my spouse auto is a 2018 Chevy Cruze and was $309 also same at renewal. So yes make, models, years make a difference. BEWARE. I started with progressive insurance and after a year will be switching to Geico & saving $65 a month.

The grocery stores here at in distance for me to shop. However the Walmart prices here are much higher than those of any in Illinois. There is no Aldi here. The .99 store here in Vegas is equal to the Aldi back in Chicago. The Smith's grocery is equal to Chicago's Jewel groceries. The only store I can't even compare anything to Chicago's Petes Market nothing like this store anywhere here. I am not a fan of Mariana's or La Bonita here in Vegas, poor produce, dirty & over priced for fish & meats. I will stick with my local Herradero for fresh meat, produce & pan dulce it's equal to Chicago's Aguascalientes.

I will go on and on on the many things I've come to know about living in Las Vegas and I owe much thanks to JacobslifeinVegas videos prior to moving here. So, thank you Jacob. Since I am now considered a local of Las Vegas I also want to invite you all to follow SayhitoMatthew These 2 men have done a really great job with their videos.

One thing I will strongly emphasize on is the traffic and drivers here in Vegas are absolutely INSANE. BE CAREFUL there isn't a day that goes by there isn't a crash or fatality because of negligence, dui, speeding and plain stupidity. The speed limit here is 45 off of highways. This needs to change to Chicago's limit of 25 mph. Unbelievable. SLOW DOWN PEOPLE the slot machines, drinking, hookers & dispensaries are available 24 hrs 7 days a week.

Til next time... )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Update

As many of you know of  My Books  and this blog as well as the  Online Magazines  I write with. I have spent an excessive amount of time try...