Sunday, March 26, 2017

No time for that...

As an author & writer I had a facebook business page to connect to my website & other magazines I write for Chicago Now & Hub Pages. Due to some seriously frightening messages & followers I was receiving. I made the decision to close my business page and re-open my personal profile. I have more control on who & what I will allow.

Over the past few days I was contemplating on making a serious decision about certain things & people. Today I have made that choice to leave all those who give me nothing but sorrow, negativity, drama & heartache. I choose to remain happy inside.

Have you ever noticed when you're a good person and do everything you can to distance yourself from all that bothers you; somehow the negativity seems to draw you back in? Well, I won't have it. I enjoy my sanity.

It seems to me that social media has a huge impact on relationships, friendships & family.  It can be the only way people prefer to communicate. Sometimes those posts or comments can cause more problems than joy. People won't respond to your phone calls or texts yet they find the time to communicate with the entire world on social media. Go figure.

Whatever the case may be I simply choose not to fall prey. To those who wish to keep in contact with me my number is at your request. To those who wish to follow me on social media feel free to do so.

I don't wish to be on anyone's hate list and if I am well, those are your issues not mine. I have always said "Social Media will either make you or break you."  It's your choice. I have to do what is best for me and closing my business page was the answer. On my profile I control who can post, add me to groups, tag me etc. I do this for my own safety. I'm certain people on social media will change the story of why I made these changes and there isn't anything I can do to control what comes out of other peoples mouth.

So, having said all this I take pride & joy in taking a few steps to enjoy more happiness, stay grounded and distance myself from others drama. I prefer to be happy standing alone than with others who may be holding a knife to your back.

I have no time for that... As always, till tomorrow..... )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Update

As many of you know of  My Books  and this blog as well as the  Online Magazines  I write with. I have spent an excessive amount of time try...